euro net is a European addiction prevention network which, by working on specific projects, aims to develop European cooperation in addiction prevention. Within the framework of the network, knowledge and experience are exchanged between locally, nationally and regionally active institutions and organisations within the European context.
Through its projects, euro net is particularly developing the use of peer education in addiction prevention. However, the network does not restrict itself to this single methodological approach. Other prevention concepts and strategies are also picked up on and developed further provided that they are currently valid and innovative, and appear suitable for a field of addiction prevention.
The projects are developed jointly and then implemented locally. The developed Guidelines are implemented and secured for long-term use by means of the euro net products. The organisational structure of the network ensures an effective transfer of expertise from the European to the local and regional level.
|Type:||NGO working on Drugs|
Pädagogische Hochschule Zürich
Fachgruppe Gesundheitsförderung und Prävention
|Short description:||Euronet is a network of addiction prevention organisations and institutions from twelve European Union countries and two associated members from Switzerland and the Russian Federation. The European cooperation in addiction prevention is promoted and transferred into practice by means of joint work in concrete projects. The goals of euro net are:
- The development and establishment of a European network for addiction prevention based on concrete cooperation in projects
- The promotion and exchange of ideas and experience
- Promoting a consensus among experts regarding central aspects of addiction prevention in Europe
- The joint development and local implementation of innovative prevention concepts and strategies
- Promoting and developing knowledge-based addiction prevention and its methods
- The harmonious growth of the network though successive expansion to other regions within EU states as well as to other regions and countries within Europe.
- Joint evaluation of projects and products
The addiction prevention activities organised by euro net are principally concerned with so-called 'primary addiction prevention'. These focus on the development of both substance-based addiction (alcohol, medicines, illegal drugs) and substance-independent addiction (e.g. gambling),
are both structure- and person-oriented, are aimed at strengthening resources that can be utilised by people, groups and institutions, and are aimed at reducing the existing risks and/or learning to deal with these risks (risk management).